Saturday 19 April 2014

New Release - 'Catch My Breath' by Lynn Montagano

I'm thrilled to have Lynn Montagano here today - sharing some background info about her new release.

‘Catch My Breath’ 

Lia Meyers' plan for a relaxing Scottish vacation is short-lived when one uncharacteristic moment of clumsiness lands her in the arms of her very own Knight in Shining Armani…

The perfect opportunity for a much needed holiday romance? Wrong! Lia’s still reeling from the mother of all bad breakups, and she really doesn't have the patience for Alastair Holden – despite his effortless charm and cute British accent.

Arrogant and totally inscrutable, he's exactly the sort of guy she wants to avoid but can't:  the man behind the mystery proves just too tempting to resist.

Drawn to him, Lia is forced to battle with her own insecurities, and the closer they become, the more she recognizes her own weaknesses as she peels away his layers with every night they spend together. Discovering the past Alastair is so desperate to conceal, Lia must decide if they can heal one another together or if their deepest fears will tear them apart.


Lynn has been kind enough to answer a few questions, and give some insight into the characters and setting for her book. I hope you enjoy finding out more...

Okay, starting off with the book…
  1. Have you ever been out with a Chief Financial Officer (like Alastair)?! If not, what made you pick that as his career?
Can’t say that I have! For my hero, I wanted to give him a career that, on the outside, made him look very well put-together and in control of things. It’s important for him to appear that way to the world and this job suited him.


  1. Can you tell us a bit more about Glasgow and why you used it as the setting for your book?
The book starts with my heroine on vacation in Scotland for her sister’s wedding. I’ve been there a few times, as well as London, and absolutely fell in love with it. Or should I say, the accents? The idea of a trans-Atlantic romance gave me a chance to write about several places instead of just one area, so even though their story begins in Glasgow, it travels through Orlando and London as well.

  1. If you had a choice where would you choose to live, and why?
I want to live in so many different places! For starters, I’d have to be independently wealthy to actually achieve all of this but for the sake of the question, here goes: London. I love it there. Every time I visit it gets harder and harder to leave!
I’m an East coast girl originally from Rhode Island so I’d also definitely want to live somewhere close to NYC and Boston.

  1. What comes first when you write a story?
Dialogue. For some reason, the characters have non-stop conversations in my head and if I don’t write it down they keep chattering on and on. Sometimes the conversations are inspired by ones I’ve had with friends or something I overheard. It’s always dialogue though. The settings, etc comes later.

  1. Can you name five characteristics we’re likely to find in your heroes, and same for heroines?
Stubborn, humorous, caring, intelligent, curious

  1. What’s your idea of a perfect day?
This will probably make some of you shake your heads but I absolutely LOVE winter, so my perfect day would be snowy and cold. I’d spend it one of two ways: snuggled up on the couch with some hot chocolate or outside at a football game cheering on my favorite team. I’ve done both and equally enjoyed it. =)


And before you run off, can you share a little excerpt?

Excerpt –
 “You’re quite lovely, Lia. Pity you’re leaving soon. I’d like to take you—” he paused, tracing his thumb over my lower lip. I shuddered. “—out. Again.”
“You would?” I asked hoarsely.
Nodding, he stroked the curve of my cheek. “Are you coming back to Glasgow after the wedding?”
“Yeah…yes. Saturday.”
Backing away from him, I bumped into the arm of the couch. I almost toppled over it, but managed to steady myself. Being in his presence made me so damn skittish, it was frustrating.
“I’m supposed to make an appearance at a cocktail party for my grandfather’s company.”
Oh good, he’s busy.
“You should come. Or we could go out to dinner.” Like an apparition, he was in front of me, stroking his fingers along my arm. “What do you say? Fancy spending the night with me?”
The unspoken promise behind that question nearly shattered me on the spot. This was supposed to be an easy trip across the pond. Go to the wedding, hang out with the family and go home. Not fend off an amazingly sexy, impossible-to-resist guy.
“Stop overthinking,” he ordered.
Stormy, dark eyes carved a path through my skull. I wilted beneath the strength of his stare. A shaky breath escaped my lips as he traced his finger along my jaw and down my neck. He drew me into his hypnotic orbit with such ease. I was powerless to resist.
“This is inevitable, Amelia. Don’t deny it.”
Inevitable? Each stroke of his fingers left a fiery trail in its wake. The smooth, soft skin of his cheek brushed against mine.
“Come with me.”
Oh Jesus, those three words. I jolted out of his seductive haze like I was on fire, trying to avoid his eyes. His expression was one of pure lust.
“No,” I whispered.
His mouth fell open slightly in surprise. “No?”
“No,” I repeated, louder. “Do you not hear that word very often?”
Impassivity dominated his features. He studied me as though I was the most confusing creature on the planet. We stood so close to one another I was overcome by his intoxicating scent. 
“Why not?”
“Because,” I sighed. “I’m not interested.”
“In what, Lia? Food or drinks?”
“You know what I mean.”
***

Buy links – Amazon: http://www.smarturl.it/CatchMyBreathBook
                  Google Play: http://www.smarturl.it/CatchMyBreath_Book


Thanks for stopping by Lynn!

About Lynn Montagano  -
A fresh, new voice in contemporary romance, Lynn is a former TV news writer who decided to take the plunge and write a novel. She's thrilled that her debut, Catch My Breath, will be published by Harper Impulse in April 2014.

Lynn grew up in a small town in Rhode Island before venturing out into the world. An avid traveler, she's been as far away as Australia and as close as Canada. Her favorite place to visit is London. 

For now, the small town New Englander hangs her hat in Northern California. If you can see her through the fog, wave hello.

Where can your readers find you?

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/7706026.Lynn_Montagano

No comments:

Post a Comment